Holaaaaa! I’m finally reviewing this after a while! Eyeshadow palette fan united!
It’s really difficult to find a really good eyeshadow palette. I’m not a makeup artist (yet), therefore I don’t want to buy those expensive individual shadows. It was a quite long search until I finally find this decently packed shimmer and matte eyeshadow palette!
Firstly, I have got hooded eyes. This really bothers me because no matter how I work on my eyeshadow, everything would be hidden! I researched and researched and finally found out that I have to work with matte eyeshadow. Okay.. great! But the thing is, most eyeshadow palettes have more glitters/satin than mattes! So I was really happy that I found this. To be honest, I was really eyeing the Lorac Pro Palette, but it is way out of my budget since I rarely wear eyeshadows to campus.
This eyeshadow palette is packed with 7 matte shades and 5 glittery shades. overall, some of the shades shows no difference in the palette. I’m quite disappointed with the fact that the colour does not vary that much in real life… Again, advertisement vs real life sucks.
Here are the swatches I managed to put on my arms:
I didn’t really know what to say, I was really disappointed with the swatches. People reviewed this as a holy grail of drugstore palette, but honestly.. gosh.
- Bow: a matte broken white highlight shade. Poor pigmentation. Poor longevity.
- Organza: a glittery pinkish & orangey shade. Fair pigmentation, but very dusty. Falls out easily.
- Ribbon: a pretty pink matte shade. Good pigmentation, a little chalky. Lasts all day.
- Gift Basket: a glittery brown shade. Slightly poor pigmentation but no fall out.
- Glitz: a glittery blue-silver shade. My fav! Good pigmentation, easily blended, and lasts all day. No fall out and such.
- Celebrate: a glittery purple shade. Poor pigmentation and difficult to blend. No fall outs.
- Pamper: a matte pink highlight shade. Poor pigmentation and poor longevity.
- Gateau: a glittery pink shade. High pigmentation, very dusty, falls out easily, and similar to Organza when applied.
- The Mail: a matte soft brown shade. Poor pigmentation, very chalky and very difficult to blend.
- Boxed: a matte dark brown shade. Fair pigmentation, very chalky and very difficult to blend.
- Wrapped up: a brownish purple shade. Fair pigmentation, very chalky and difficult to blend.
- Noir: a matte black shade. Good pigmentation, quite chalky and easier to blend than the previous 3 shades.
Overall it’s not a really satisfying palette. But for that price, I wouldn’t expect more. At least all of the colours are wearable on daily basis or even parties. Here are some of the looks I created using the palette.
Day makeup look:
- Ribbon as the base,
- Wrapped up on the outer V,
- Gateau as the lid highlighting shade.
Evening makeup look:
- A mix between Pamper and The Mail as the base,
- Celebrate on the outer V (I don’t know why it doesn’t look like one on the camera),
- Organza as the lid highlighting shade.
Party makeup look:
- The Mail as the base,
- Noir on the outer V,
- Glitz as the lid highlighting shade.
Other products used:
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Ash Brown.
- MAC Pro Longwear Waterproof Brow Set.
- MAC Pro Longwear Studio Finish Concealer NW20.
- Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner.
- Lancome Hypnose Star Waterproof Mascara.
- Etude House Natural Lashes.
Price: IDR 159,000 or US$ 11.83
- Day to evening wearable colours (this contributed a lot to the score).
- Good pigmentation on glittery shades.
- All matte shades are chalky.
- Too many similar shades (Ribbon & Pamper, Gateau & Organza, Wrapped Up & Noir that looks similar when being applied onto the eyes).
- Poor matte highlight shades pigmentation (Bow & Pamper).
- Most of them are difficult to blend.
Thank you for reading my review! Don’t forget to like this post and follow me for more beauty stuffs! Hope all of you have a nice day!!
Disclaimer: This article is not sponsored by the product’s company nor by the second-hand shop that I bought it from. Any writings are solely based on my honest opinion. I do not hold responsibility for those who have different opinions about this product. All of the photos were taken by me using Nikon D5500. Please credit me (harevaden.wordpress.com) and inform me through email@example.com if you want to use my photos. Colour results might differ from the real shade due to photography lighting and editing process.